Minimum Temperature: 14°C (57°F)
Wind Direction: Southerly
Added on: 16th May, 2017 by Ben at In the Works PR
People are being urged to vote for their favourite restaurants, food producers, bars, cafes, pubs and tearooms in the 2017 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards.
Organised by Destination Chesterfield, and sponsored by Chesterfield College, the prestigious awards recognise the very best food, drinks, service and venues in the town’s growing hospitality sector.
Nominations can be made online at www.chesterfield.co.uk/foodanddrinkawards across 10 categories in the popular awards which return for the fifth year running. Nominations close at midnight on 12th June 2017.
The winners will be announced at a celebrity-hosted awards ceremony at Chesterfield College’s Heart Space building in October later this year.
Dominic Stevens, Destination Chesterfield Manager is now urging people to get nominating. He said: “Each year we get more and more nominations proving that we’re a town that appreciates good food and customer service. I hope people will get behind us once again and vote and help make the 2017 Food and Drink awards the best yet.”
Julie Richards, Principal of Chesterfield College, said: “We are delighted to be sponsoring the Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards again this year. It is wonderful to be able to play such an integral part in celebrating the best of the local food and drink industry. Our catering and hospitality students are the potential award winners of the future so the fact that they can play such an important part in the competition and the awards event in October really inspires them and helps to give them the skills they need.”
The 10 categories in which you can nominate in the Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards include:
• Restaurant of the Year - sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
• Café/Tea Room of the Year – sponsored by Custom Solar
• Gastro Pub of the Year – sponsored by Arvato
• Pub / Bar of the Year – sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
• Best Newcomer - sponsored by BHP Accountants
• Best Customer Service – sponsored by East Midlands Chamber
• Best Out of Town (within 10 miles of Chesterfield) – sponsored by Shorts Accountants
• Chesterfield Food Producer – presented by Chesterfield College
• International Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by MSE Hiller
• Family Friendly Award - sponsored by Jumble Design
Other supporters of the awards include the Derbyshire Times, Peak FM, the Crooked Spire Church, Casa Hotel, Mitchells Accountants and Business Advisors, Owen Taylor & Sons, ra Information Systems, Black Eyed Susan, Franklin and Sons Ltd, Addooco, Steve Faulkner and Reflections.